Thursday, November 15, 2012

Goodbye Trusty Phone!


 
 
Brian recently upgraded his phone and I have taken over his phone.  My phone has been a good one - durable and only giving me some problems.  Since we switched over I had to take the last of the pictures off of it. 
 


Here we are Skyping with G&G Berg!
 
 
The girls and I did a little shopping at the mall last week one evening.  They have already set it up for Christmas.  We came across Santa's little village and I told the girls we could take some pictures.
 
 

Here they are being nice.
 
 

I tried to get a picture of them being naughty for the whole naughty or nice theme - but they couldn't get it together enough for me to get a good picture.  They may never work in film.  Oh well.
 
We found a teeny-bopper store and Faith liked everything there.
 


Fuzzy neon sweaters.
 
 

And eye gouging socks. 
 
 
Also last week Brian's car had to be taken to the dealer for a brake job. 
 
There is a class action lawsuit against Honda for premature wear on the front brake pads of their 2010 Honda Civics.  So, what can you do??  We're hoping that they will settle the case and we'll be able to get at least some of our money back for the repair. 
 
I dropped him off at work that day and then took James to school. 
 
When we went to pick him up Mike the Tiger was up and about.  I snagged a premier spot in the visitor's section of the parking lot and we got out to see Mike.
 
 

Matthew and Mike.
 
"Heeeey Puupppy!" he said!
 
 

Nice tiger.
 
 

The picture doesn't really do justice to how big he is.  Huge.
 
 
We got James and then we picked up Brian for lunch.
 
We stopped at McDonald's for cheeseburgers and apple pies.

 
 

 
 

 
 

Matthew is like 'back off dude!'
 
 

Matthew reaching for a pie.
 
 

Brian had the right idea of an apple pie and a caramel sundae.  Yum!
 
 

Matthew eating pie.
 
 
A new thing this fall is the ESPN trucks showing up on campus two days before home games.  Last year it was one day before.  I'm not happy about it because they take up 1/3 of the commuter student parking lot that I have to pick James up in on Fridays. 

Grrr.  Slightly annoying.  It's already hard enough to find a parking space and/or hang around in the lot  - but after football season it will go back to normal.
 
 The girls and I spent a couple of hours together last Saturday WITHOUT THE BOYS!
 
It was nice to spend some time together.  First we went to Barnes and Noble at Perkins Rowe and grabbed hot chocolate from Starbucks.  Yum.  We shook some flavorings into it - vanilla etc.  Don't get nutmeg - 'twasn't that good. 
 
Then we went around the corner to Charming Charlies.  It's an accessory store where necklaces and everything is grouped by color.  The last time we went there one of the bracelets I bought broke within a few minutes of being home. 
 
I didn't think I'd return. 
 
But, it's fun to browse so we decided to go. 
 

Pink!!
 
We found a wall of clearance necklaces and earring pairs.  Everything was 50% off and then it was also buy one get one free!  The best kind of thing to get at Charming Charlies! 
 
I got two necklace/earring pairs and the girls also got some necklaces and bracelets. 
 
 

The girls in Blue! 
 
It was a fun time! 




1 comment:

Wife of the Farmer said...

Good pics. Sounds like you girls had a fun day out. I really like those socks!! Hope the new phone is working out for you too.
Love you all!
xo