Thursday, September 22, 2011

LSU Explained (a little) . . .

It's time to tell you all about James and his adventures at college so far.  No, I don't have the quintessential first-day-of-school photo.  I just didn't take it.  Even though Brian had planned to take him, I dropped him off on his first day because I wanted to go to the financial aid office to ask some questions.  That didn't happen because when I got there the line was out the door.  My questions have since been answered already.  

Anyway, James and I were sitting in the car on his first day going over some things and generally trying to relax.  I think we were all so nervous that I didn't really take the time for pictures and things like that.  I just about lost it when he left the car and headed toward his first class.  I prayed for his safety and that things would go well for him that day.  Throughout the morning I asked the kids to pray for him too.  

When it was finally time to pick him up we drove to campus and waited impatiently.  When we saw him walking towards us, he had a huge smile on his face.  The first day had gone well!  

We've been in the same pattern ever since.  Yesterday I got to drop him off again and thought I would take some pictures to help tell the story.  


On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (in general) James has three classes.  Biology, Calculus and Computer Science in that order.  

On the way to school.

He gets dropped off in the commuter lot closest to his classes - in the shadow of Tiger Stadium.

A stow-away!

This is as close as we can get him because central campus has gates.  

He heads this way to his first class.  It's about a five minute (or less) walk.  

When Brian drops him off he usually heads straight to work.  The kids and I go about our normal routine until just before we need to leave to get James.  It takes about 15 minutes to get to campus from home.  

Yesterday we decided to see if Mike the Tiger was out and about in his enclosure.  Yes, there is a tiger living on campus.  The enclosure is also across the street from Tiger Stadium so it was very convenient for us to check it out.


We couldn't find Mike so we took a picture by the tiger statue instead.

Then we found him.

He was taking a nap in the shade.  Who could blame him?

The kids sat on a bench to wait for James.  

There he is!  

Then we typically head home for lunch and homework all around!  

Tuesdays and Thursdays are different in that he only has one class - Calculus.  He also has Biology Lab on Thursday evenings.  

That's about it for this semester.  Next semester will be quite similar I think.


Farmer's Wife said...

Happy to see James' routine. We've been saying prayers too. Nice to see the rest of the gang and the tiger too!
Love you all!

The Resident Farmer said...

Great post, with great pics. I see the kids and realise how much I miss you all. Oops, I mean ya'll. Love you.