Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What's Up??




Ah - I'm in danger of going the way of Ted and his blog (love getting a dig in on that brother of mine).  Whenever I haven't posted in a while I feel bad for leaving all four of my readers hanging.  So, here is an update on what's up with us!
 
 
The night BEFORE Isaac visited us our pretty red patio umbrella bit the dust.  We woke up that morning to find the pole snapped in half.  I'm guessing the wooden frame at the top was just too much weight for it.  We survived a few weeks without an umbrella, but with the return of the cooler weather and picnic season, we needed another one.
 
Jon, Faith and I ventured out to Home Depot to try and find a new one.  I was looking for a 9 footer so it would shade most of the table.  We found a striped one for a decent price and amazingly squeezed it into the Honda for the ride home. 
 


Getting ready for a picnic.
 
After Isaac the neighbors banana plant fell over from the wind.  The bananas were laying on the ground for a few days before I decided to steal take them.  Actually I scientifically checked the lot boundary and concluded that the stalk of the banana plant is officially in our yard so I picked up our bananas and took them inside.  :) 
 
It took forever for them to ripen, and they were really short, but we ate them and they were good.

Home grown bananas.  Yep!
 
 
James and Matthew hanging out. 









Last Saturday while grocery shopping I picked up some donuts at Target.  They really have some of the best bakery donuts around.  They don't carry many, though, so when I pick up a couple dozen on Saturday morning I pretty much wipe them out. 
 
 


Saturday morning donuts!
 

Well, that's a little of what's been going on.  Stay tuned for a new installment of 'When Kids Are Photographers'.  I'm thinking of changing the title to 'What The?'  or 'Where Has My Camera Been?' 
 
You don't want to miss it!




1 comment:

The Resident Farmer said...

Possession is nine tenths of the law, so you're well within the legal parameters of ownership. Besides, if you ate the evidence, who's to know?