Saturday, March 9, 2013

Friday Fun





The kids and I went out yesterday to take care of some business.  We had a package to send and some other things to do.


We stopped at Papa Murphy's to pick up some pizza.








Then we stopped at Target for a couple of things.  



They had these - I had never heard of them.  Tall cans.  I didn't buy any but I'm usually surprised to see new products out there.




Brian and I went out to Parrain's Seafood to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday party.  He's originally from Duluth, MN and his uncle had traveled all the way from Duluth.  Us Minnesotan's have to stick together.  

It was a surprise party so we were there early and waiting in a back room for the honoree.  He was surprised to see us all - his jaw dropped when he saw us and we all yelled a hearty 'surprise!'


We ordered a couple of different things to share.  

We started out our meal with Turtle Soup.  

Tasted like chicken.  It was good.  

Brian ordered something called the Delacroix   It was fish with shrimp and garlic mashed potatoes.  It was great and we shared it.  

I ordered a burger with double extra cheese and it also was supposed to come with fries.  
They came and told me that someone else was given my burger so we got some complimentary hush puppies to hold us over.  

hush puppies



My burger finally came and it was huge.  

I cut it in half so that Brian could share.  

The burger was delicious.  


Had a good dinner out, got to meet a Minnesotan and celebrate a friends 50th birthday.  It was a good time.

This morning Brian and James scooted off to an auction to see what was good and I had the boys wash the car.   


They did a pretty good job.  I had to fill in a little bit and had Alyssa also out there to help.  Only three of us ended up soaked.  



2 comments:

The Resident Farmer said...

Too much food ARRRRRGGGHHHH............

Wife of the Farmer said...

I like the pics, keep them coming! Glad you had a night out too!
xo