Friday, March 15, 2013

A Year of Recipes, Donuts and Flowers





I signed up to receive emails from Pillsbury and as a bonus I got a free calendar for 2013.  Free calendar right??  Well, every month has a recipe so we decided to make each recipe.  

The goal is to make the recipe before the end of the month.  We've done well so far but, it's only March.  

The recipe for March is a Meyer Lemon and Strawberry Tart. 




Pretty good reason to buy a tart/quiche pan if you ask me.  


Preparing the crust.





Cleaned and sliced the strawberries and juiced the lemons. 


Lemon filling





Ready to chill in the fridge. 

It was pretty good.  Peter didn't like it but he had just woken up from a nap on the couch and said that the banana stuff tasted funny.  I don't think his brain was ready for lemon.  



Alyssa gave me a donut maker for my birthday.  


Donuts


I took the camera out front to take some pictures of the spring flowers. 








These are on the tree in the front flower garden.  They smell like dried shrimp.  Ewwww.




Thanks for reading!  

Stay tuned for some pictures of the boys and what we're planning for this weekend.  




2 comments:

Wife of the Farmer said...

Thanks for the pics! Flowers that smell like dried shrimp? Ewwww
Love you all!
xo

The Resident Farmer said...

Looks yummy. Great flower pics too. More!