Monday, October 10, 2011

The Weekend

Saturday morning Jon and I walked a mile around the neighborhood.  

It was a beautiful morning.


Then the girls and I took Matthew to the grocery store(s).  We went to Target and Albertson's and got the things on my list for the week.  I actually made a meal plan for this week.  It's something that I haven't been very good at.  Sooooo,  I'm hoping to eliminate several trips to the store and impromptu stops at the fast food joint this week.  We are so busy with school and James' schedule that I'm hoping to also eliminate some of the stress of not knowing what to make for dinner.  

Then, James put more washer fluid in the van and mowed the lawn with our new reel mower.  I didn't take any pictures.  Maybe next weekend I will.

Saturday night we had a barbecue picnic.  Brats and hotdogs on the grill.  




We had pudding for dessert.  Ha!

Also this weekend, Brian and I finished filling the holes in the trim and painting trim in James' room.  

It's finally finished! 


James - finishing up some calculus on his laptop.  

He survived his mid-terms and got an A on his Biology exam and an A on his Calculus exam too!  This week is a short week for him as he has Thursday and Friday off.  Yay!  No Thursday night lab!

Stay tuned for an update on the outside of the remodel!  





1 comment:

The Resident Farmer said...

Wow. Busy weekend for sure. Nice to get back into your "almost normal" routine. Glad you're walkimg again. Congrats James, keep up the good work. I told you, Matthew looks just like Peter when they eat and Peter looks like Andrew. By the way that was great pic of Andrew the other day, I almost didn't recognize him. Handsome lad. Take care, Love Grampa.